With the holidays coming up, a delicious dessert that can be served to nearly everyone in your house (vegan and non-vegan alike) is always a blessing. This recipe has never failed me yet. Many of my friends and family were/are chocolate fans, and they all tend to say this cake hits the spot for them. My mother-in-law first shared her version of this recipe with me, but I tweaked this just a bit to suit me. Its super simple, easy and delicious. A bigger bonus is most of the ingredients can be found right in your kitchen as we speak.
Vegan Carob Cake
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3 tablespoon carob powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients –
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 8″ square baking pan.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Mix all your wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Next add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Pour into your greased 8″ square baking pan.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for approximately 35 minutes. To ensure its finished, check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Make sure to check it, so you do not over bake it as well.
- Let it cool.
- Lastly, enjoy!!!
Its really that simple. Try it out and serve it to your vegan (plant-based) eating friends this coming holiday season or even just as a simple treat for your family and friends (vegan and non-vegan alike).
Delicious plain or topped with a frosting or topping of your choice.